Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slacker no more!

Hey! My name is Jaime Land and I am in LOVE with cooking!! Ask my friends and they will tell you that I am "slightly" obsessed with it. I don't dream in color, I dream in recipes and crafts!!! You can read more about me (if you are so inclined) on the sidebar of my blog. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!

I am new to the blogging world, but have been contemplating starting one for several months. A good friend of mine has been encouraging me in this endeavor, but I found every excuse under the sun to put it off. However, New Years came...which caused me to start thinking about what I wanted to accomplish in 2011...which made me think about my half finished blog (and my pile of half-finished crafts)...which made me decide to give this a try. *gulp* (My teacher friends might read this and be appalled at my horrible punctuation! So...no judging ladies) :) I put blogging at the top of my Resolution/To Do list. I was going to get around to it... honest...at some point...it could happen!!! However, I actually received a wake up call yesterday which caused me to take the plunge(no time like the present, I guess)

The wake-up call occurred when I posted a recipe on my (previously mentioned) friend's wall. Several other people saw the recipe and decided to make it. In fact, my Mom called me and asked me where to find Nutella (which was one of the ingredients)because my Dad had heard about them. It suddenly occurred to me that there were other people who would like to try new recipes too without the hassle of searching for it. Today's entry is going to be the recipe that provided my much needed motivation. I found the recipe at the amazing, adorable blog http://www.whipperberry.com!! Heather is extremely talented in so many areas. I love reading her blog!

Might as well plan on a stop at the grocery store today, you are going to want these!! Trust me! I made them last night and am already dreaming about making them again! Oh, I'll take pictures, if possible, next time I make something! Bear with the newbie!

Nutella Puffs

Ingredients needed:

-Nutella
-Marshmallow Crème
-1 box of Frozen Puff Pastry
-One Egg
-Sugar

First, you will need to thaw the puff pastry. Once thawed, unfold and cut each sheet into four squares.

Put a spoonful of Nutella and marshmallow crème in the middle of the puff pastry.

Fold the square into a triangle and crimp the edges of the pastry with a fork.

Brush the pastry with an egg wash {one egg, beaten} and sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until the pastry is lightly browned.

Take out of oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes and then ENJOY!!
***I like them best served hot***



Photo and recipe belongs to:

No comments:

Post a Comment