Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Giving it a try again

As you can tell by looking through my lack of consistent posts I am not very good at blogging. However, I am going to give this a shot again and do my best to be consistent. I really want to start focusing on "healthier" living. I have struggled for several years with my weight. I just don't have enough self control to keep the weight off. I know that I have got to start doing it now if I want a lengthier and happier life. I have started two major overhauls of my life this year. I am excited, nervous, anxious, eager, and "desperate" to see results!! This is going to be my year or so I keep telling myself. Have you heard about Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University? If not, you should look it up. Several of my friends have gone through the classes and it has made a significant difference in financial state. It teaches great principles in building a budget, basic investments, and avoiding debt. I am on my third lesson and have a long ways to go. Definitely excited to learn some great principles and put them into practice. The second overhaul is in my eating and weight loss. Have you ever heard of the South Beach program? I really like it because it is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Another friend of mine has been doing it for a while and she has seen some great results. I did it for awhile last year and lost 10 lbs in a little over a month. Sadly I jumped off the bandwagon and went a little food berserk. :( I've just started back with it and can't wait to see the results. I love the extra energy and better sleep I have when I'm disciplined with food. Have you ever thought about how much better you actually feel when you cut out sugar? It is difficult when you first start, but if you can make it past the intense cravings you will feel better! I am also about to join LA Boxing! I've gone to a class and absolutely love it! Can't believe how good it feels to punch and kick a bag for about an hour. Talk about some serious stress relief! Can't wait to have updates on how the class is going. An item on my "bucket list" is to run a 5k. The kicker is I DISLIKE running! I found the Color Run last year and thought what a perfect way to get started. Sadly, the races were either too far away or filled up before I could sign up. The race has a lot of fun mixed in so I'm hoping that will help me get through it. The 5k isn't until September so I have PLENTY of time to train. (Which I'm going to need...) The plan is to do the Couch to 5k program and tomorrow am will be my first day. I really like the fact it starts out so slow. You should definitely take a look at the Color Run website. Next time I post I hope to have several updates on my exercise and weight loss progress. I've got about 35-40lbs that I want to lose. I am down about 4lbs so far. (Definitely have a ways to go!!!) Why does sugar have to taste so good!?!? LOL My plan is to use my blog as an accountability partner. I'll also be posting some of the South Beach recipes I find. Let's see how this goes. J

No comments:

Post a Comment