Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nutella Famine

If you had looked in my pantry a few days ago you would have thought I was preparing for a Nutella famine. Why does my pantry have over 3 jars of Nutella? I know the stuff is yummy, but 3 jars!?!? I think that is border line needing to attend a help class. Now, if we have a famine of Nutella you will all know where to turn...except for the fact that I am down to 1 jar of Nutella due to a super yummy recipe I found at the blog Buns In My Oven.
I absolutely love the recipes that come out of this blog. Karly is incredibly funny and extremely talented. Take some time to stop by her blog and look around. You will not be disappointed!!

I was scrolling through her most recent posts and found a recipe for Nutella Swirled Banana Bread. Eureka!! I absolutely LOVE Banana Bread. It just seems like a comfort food to me. So...Banana Bread + Nutella=a combination one should not ignore.
I am pretty much an expert on this recipe now. I made 18 mini loaves and 1 regular sized loaf in one weekend! And no...I am not now hoarding Nutella Swirled Banana Bread in my pantry/freezer. In fact, I didn't even get to keep a loaf of it!!

http://bunsinmyoven.com/2011/08/05/nutella-swirled-banana-bread/

Nutella Swirled Banana Bread

Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 60 min
(40-45 min if making mini loaves)
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 min

Ingredients:
--1 stick of butter
--3/4 c. of white sugar
--2 eggs
--1 tsp. vanilla extract
--1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
--1 tsp. baking soda
--1 tsp. cinnamon
--1/2 tsp. salt
--1 c. mashed bananas
--1/2 c.sour cream
--1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
--1/2 c. Nutella (microwave for at least 15 min to soften)

Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan

2. Cream together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix well. Fold in the bananas, sour cream, and nuts until just combined.

3. Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Drop spoonfuls of the Nutella over the top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter. Use a knife to swirl the batter around in the loaf pan.

4. Bake for 60 min or until baked through.

You won't be disappointed with this twist on Banana Bread!!!
**with my third batch I added some chocolate chips to the batter. Made it super chocolatey which is fine with me!!**

(Sorry no pictures. I was a little busy baking and I forgot about the taking) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment